All team members at The Selkie are volunteers – this includes directors.
Available volunteer roles
Marketing Officer (x2)
- Managing The Selkie newsletter and working with the social media team and communications officer
- Developing marketing campaigns and strategies to help The Selkie reach more underrepresented writers
- Carrying out market research, writing copy and creating marketing materials
Communications Officer (x1)
- Writing press releases
- Working with social media, marketing and events teams to write copy for campaigns and events
Website Manager (x1)
- Publish or schedule prose/poetry/feature pieces to go up on the website
- Update editors’ schedule to let them know when a piece will be published
No experience necessary. These roles are perfect for those looking to learn and gain some experience; we don’t expect perfection or comprehensive knowledge. We’ll give you training for the programmes we use. Volunteers have free access to all events run by The Selkie.
You can expect to spend about 1 hour a week in these roles. They are remote positions, so you can volunteer from anywhere as long as you have a good command of English and access to a computer with internet. We’re open to discuss how long you’d like to volunteer for.
Email your CV and covering letter to Sam Le Butt at samlebutt [at] theselkie.co.uk
Closing date (for all): 01/10/2021 or until suitable candidates are found.